Introduction
This unit I decided that I would make a horror game in my opinion I had successfully achieved the aim of my project. My game had to be made in 2D rather than 3D however that is one thing that has made my game more successful
What went well
In my game I had intended to make my game in 3D however when I was creating the game I had found that due to the amount of time that I had this cannot be achieved and still have the purpose that I want it to be.
So I had made the game in 2D I had researched 2D games and none of the 2D horror games that are around aren't scary at all so I did a little research into what makes people scared and I decided to focus on the Idea of making a fear out of the unknown so to do this I used the context of dreams and nightmares.
These dreams morph into nightmares and to make this unknown to come into the game a made the game have a fog of war this means the character doesn't know what is to come in the near future
To make the game last longer and give the game an objective I added a boss monster in addition to an Item system be able to defend your self
this is a screen shot of what the game looks like with an item
there are multiple Items that I had decided to include .
With the item you need to defend your self from the enemies that are nearby
I decided that the enemy that I will include for the game at this point will be a turtle the reason for this is that most people think that turtles are harmless but as they change and morph they get much more scary
As time passes the morphs will occur however they are still harmless at this point the reason for this is I use this as a warning system to the player and then the turtles morph again and it is then that they will attempt to kill you .
What made me find out what would make the game take too long to make in 3D I attempted to make the 3rd stage of the turtle in 3D and it so long to create it was 3 weeks in and it still wasn't finished if it wasn't the experimentation stage I surely would have an unfinished game that would not show what it is I can do at this point in time
One thing that I was so glad that I managed to do was stick to the time plan meaning that I had not wasted any time and that I had time to be able to make final adjustments to improve and debug the game for example I was able to make the players cloak stay on when you stop moving.
What I would do next time
What I would do if I were to do this again I would 1st of design the character so late in the stages of creation by this I mean I designed the Items 1st meaning that the character will not look like It is correctly adjusted to the item it is more like the character is holding the Item rather than being transformed with the Item.
also I would have liked to designed the flooring more so that the player knows the players moving rather than just the animation is moving and example of this when I was beta testing my game and I the mirror was picked up meaning when the move it goes in the opposite direction and they didn't even realise that they were moving .
When I was adding the graphics to the game it took longer than expected however I managed to still stay to the schedule so what I would do next time is I would experiment in sprite creation before the project started so that I would have been able to arrange my time better than I did this time
Conclusion
In conclusion I have decided that my project was successful however there were areas that can be improved during the show I had received some feed back that there were some minor changes that could have been done to make the game better such as moving the HUD a little bit closer to the bottom of the screen , adding a section telling the player what Item the currently have and how to use It also make it so you can also destroy the turtles not just revert them to their previous state or lock them in that state because otherwise the game becomes impossible to play/ win making the boss enemies impossible to reach.
Other than this bit of feedback everyone that I had saw playing my game had enjoyed it and had played it for a minimum of 4 attempts
I had also shown one of my other games which surprisingly had more attempts per person than my horror game did. which also had no feed back that could have been given.



No comments:
Post a Comment