28/3
This week I have been working on the terrain options on unity this was rather simple as its options built in however in my game I will need to be able to make my own assets rather than using the built in assets and textures I have also found out that in unity there are brushes that lets some assets and greenery animated in the engine
4/4
This week I have decided that I will be making my game in 2D because it will take to long to be able to produce the 3D models in addition to learn the coding to make the game run correctly. so this means now I will need to be able to create sprites rather than 3D models
10/4
I have decided to use construct 2 rather than unity because Unity as a 2D engine is good however it will require me to be able to programme the game in JavaScript or c# and in construct 2 the programming system is better as an engine for the project that I will be producing.
I have managed to create a new time plan to adapt to the changes that I have made to the project.
17/4
I have started creating my game on construct 2 I have added a treasure chest system to my game as well as basic AI to the game I have added place holders as I will be creating the graphics at a later date.
Using these place holders I have made a way to move the player ,designed the layout as
24/4
This week I have started to be able implement a item system and the chests now drop items I currently have 2 working items a gun and a axe
1/5
This week I continued to produce and add the graphics this week I had managed to draw a lantern with multiple possible variations I had decided to stick with with the Victorian style lantern after adding this I added the cross bow graphic it is a simple black bolt so it didn't take long to add it.
9/5
I was working on the shield graphics this week I had also managed to add the spear and a boomerang the boomerang was the only item I needed to animate because to others can be done by coding and I managed to also add the laser which was a quick because it isn't see for very long in game so it thought it would be more effective to have it remain as a blue block that will reset the turtles
16/5
This week I have focused on designing the character I had only just realised that I still haven't designed him which means that this becomes the number 1 priority
23/5
I have designed him and animated my character however the graphics were in the wrong location so i needed to change the registry points after doing this my game is ready for testing
30/5
After testing my game I had several small bugs like when my character had stopped moving while having the cloak on the cloak would disappear and sometimes you would get stuck in the wall and be trapped until you die I had also decided the game would need both and instruction screen and main menu after adding both of these my game was done it is time to start helping set up the show
06/6
This week I had helped bring multiple boards up to the room for the tables and we had to move the computers to the back of the room . I also had to paint multiple boards black once they were drilled to the desks of course after this was done we had to get more boards because there wasn't enough and we needed to get more of these boards cut for the windows.then we were able to set up our areas however after setting up my area I had to move area because the area next to me was covered in maps and this would take attention away from my area so in the end I moved to the front of the room against the wall.
11/6
It is now the week of the show and my game isn't opening when the other students try to open it so I have to come in and show them how to open it however the problem carries on so I write in the book that you need to update construct 2 each time
13/6
it is the main event and there isn't many people visiting our room and it seems that the people who do come in have no interest in interacting with our work when its friends and family it gets busy as there is groups of 8-10 people making it rather difficult. but it dies down again and multiple people enjoyed interacting with the both of my games
No comments:
Post a Comment