Wednesday, 19 March 2014

proposal





My project is going to be called nightmare and my project is going to be a game / environment that will

Be about being able to prevent nightmares from forming within the game.

Being able to survive in unrealistic situations in the dream world. Such as a creature will grow get more scary and fearful. My work will be a project that will be for being able to work as a games designer at an industrial standard.



To know if my project is successful I will publish the game given that I receive enough positive feedback.

In addition to this if I do publish the outcome I will also be able to find out how successful my project is.



I have had a variety of influences some that I have had for this was: Limbo, Thief, and Digimon



Limbo was an influence how it uses a strong shadow and silhouette to make the scene feel scary with slow movements that make the player



Thief was an influence because the environment is a dark environment with a thick for that will cause the player to get scared over the small movements whilst making the player feel like they are physically there.





Digimon Is an inspiration by the way how the monsters evolve and change shape depending on the situation that is occurring
TIME unity  PRIORITY  3Ds max  PRIORITY Photoshop Priority
17-Mar tutorial 
Morning Terrain setting up modelling tutorial  setting up a file 
Afternoon lighting  setting up modelling tutorial  creature concepts 
25-Mar tutorial  tutorial 
Morning c# programming   asset modeling  creature concepts 
Afternoon c# programming  creature modeling  landscape concept
02-Apr tutorial
Morning c# programming  texturing creatures  sprite creation
Afternoon c# programming  texturing creatures  sprite creation
09-Apr decide if 2-D or 3D tutorials 
Morning compare 2D vs 3D texturing assets  landscape concept
Afternoon compare 2D vs 3D stitching  landscape concept
16-Apr tutorials
Morning making objects grow and shrink in game  stitching  asset creation
Afternoon making objects grow and shrink in game  creature modelling  character creation
23-Apr tutorials 
Morning experiment 2D with 3D assets asset modelling  sprite creation
Afternoon experiment 2D with 3D assets texturing creatures  sprite creation
30-Apr tutorials end  tutorials end  tutorials end 



I will be documenting my work by blogging  a journal with each day that I work on my final major project In addition to a sketch book for the work in progress so my games details will be shown in this sketch book I will be receiving  feedback from peers and tutors as I progress I will use this information to be able to evaluate my work by talking about what has made my work change to the original plan such as time to create assets and adding extra to the work.










After converting my idea to a 2D game I made a new schedule
TIME Construct 2  PRIORITY Flash  PRIORITY Photoshop
Morning Add items mechanics   sprite creation   Create characters  
Afternoon Add items mechanics   sprite creation   Create characters  
30-Apr
Morning Add items mechanics   creation of animations   Create Item graphics  
Afternoon Add items mechanics   creation of animations   Create Item graphics  
05-May
Morning Implement graphics    create walk animation   make backgound  
Afternoon Implement graphics    create Idle animation   make backgound  
12-May
Morning Implement graphics    Edit animation   make backgound  
Afternoon Implement graphics    Edit animation   make backgound  
19-May .
Morning test game    clean up background   Draw other variations of monsters  
Afternoon test game    clean up background   Draw other variations of monsters  
26-May
Morning debug   Clean up monsters   create more backgrounds   
Afternoon  debug   Clean up Monsters   create more backgrounds   
03-Jun
Morning add the screen so the amount of darkness increases   implemnt animations   create more creatures  
Afternoon add the screen so the amount of darkness increases   implemnt animations   create more monsters  
10-Jun
Morning set up for summer show    set up for summer show    set up for summer show   
Afternoon set up for summer show    set up for summer show    set up for summer show   
16-Jun summer show summer show summer show









No comments:

Post a Comment